The Office of Inspector General (OIG) independently conducts audits, evaluations, and other reviews of GAO programs and operations and makes recommendations to promote the agency's economy, efficiency, and effectiveness. The OIG also investigates allegations of fraud, waste, mismanagement, and violations of rules and laws related to GAO employees.
Read more about the Inspector General
View the law establishing the GAO IG
Report Fraud, Waste, or Abuse at GAO
The Office of Inspector General investigates allegations of fraud, waste, or abuse of GAO property, assets, and resources or other serious problems in GAO's operations, including the possible violations of rules and laws.
- Call toll-free: (866) 680-7963 or
- Online at: https://gao-oig.listeningline.com/
- Provide as much detail as possible.
- You do not need to provide your name.
- Note: To report fraud, waste, abuse or mismanagement of federal funds outside of GAO, please use GAO’s FraudNET.